This resource was selected by SMI Adviser content partners and approved by the SMI Adviser clinical expert team for inclusion in the knowledge base.
This webinar provides a framework for and specific tools on successfully employing peer specialists:
- Clarifying the peer specialist role;
- Recruiting, hiring, and training of peers;
- Educating and supporting non-peer staff;
- Using the reasonable accommodation (Americans with Disabilities Act) Employee Assistance Programs to address job difficulties and support good performance;
- Team building: Cross training and co-learning;
- Key components/elements of organizational culture and infrastructure