Rural Peer Support Learning CommunityEducation and resources to help you support people in rural and remote communities.
- Join Us
What are the best self-care apps to help with treatment adherence?
Are there best practices to promote skills growth and retention in the peer workforce?
Where can I find the best online peer certification programs?
Master Classes and Educational OpportunitiesClose
- Peer Support Master Classes
- Self-Directed Care for Individuals with Serious Mental Illness
- WHAM: A Peer-Delivered Wellness Self-Management Program
- Safety, Support and Growth: Effective Trauma-Informed Peer Support and Post-Traumatic Growth
- The Role of Peer Support in Ending Social Exclusion and Loneliness
- Overcoming Barriers and Recognizing the Unique Value of Including Peer Support Specialists With Prior Justice Involvement in Recovery
- Recognizing the Value of Peer Support Specialists: Strategies for Increasing Wages and Developing Career Pathways
- WEBINAR: Providing Peer Support in a Rural Environment
- WEBINAR: COVID-19 – How to Support Ourselves and Others Through Times of Fear and Isolation
- WEBINAR: How to Increase Our Resiliency to Isolation and Loneliness During the COVID-19 Crisis
- WEBINAR: Wellness Routines For Uncertain Times
- TA Coalition Webinar: Peer Specialists and Police as Partners Preventing Behavioral Health Crisis
- What is Peer Support and What is NOT Peer Support?
- Best Practices Identified for Peer Support Programs
- Mental Health Services in Rural Areas
- Tailoring Crisis Response and Pre-Arrest Diversion Models for Rural Communities
- Integrating Physical Health Care in Behavioral Health Agencies in Rural Pennsylvania
- Tennessee Department of Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services: Office of Faith Based Initiatives
- What do we do if, while providing peer support, the Certified Peer Specialist encounters a “trigger” that creates stress that may represent a danger to their own wellness?
- I work in community mental health in a small community. We are preparing to hire some peer support staff but we realize that because it is such a small community, the peers we can hire will likely know some of the people they will be working with. What is the best way to handle this?
- Is peer support a valuable addition to services for people with SMI?
- What is the role of a peer support specialist in assisting people in their efforts to communicate more effectively with their physicians?
- Should a peer support group for individuals with SMI be facilitated, or at least co-facilitated, by a clinician?
- What is the nature of the relationship between a peer support specialist and the people they serve?
- What is the role of peers and people with lived experience of serious mental illness around digital mental health tools?