Please refer to the appropriate section of the FDA label as listed below for each medication. The label can be found by searching Drugs@FDA at the FDA website. Information is also available using the Drugs@FDA smartphone app.
- Abilify Maintena (aripiprazole monohydrate LAI) – Refer to label section 2.2: Dosage Adjustments for Missed Doses
- Aristada (aripiprazole lauroxil LAI) – Refer to label section 2.2: Missed Doses
- Invega Hafyera (paliperidone palmitate 6-mo LAI) – Refer to FDA label section 2.3: Missed Doses
- Invega Sustenna (paliperidone palmitate LAI) – Refer to label section 2.3: Missed Doses
- Invega Trinza (paliperidone palmitate 3-mo LAI) – Refer to label section 2.3: Missed Doses
- Perseris (risperidone sub-cutaneous LAI) – Refer to label section 2.1: Recommended Dosage
- Risperdal Consta (risperidone LAI) – Refer to FDA label section 2.1: Schizophrenia/Reinitiation
There is no specific guidance from the FDA on how to handle missed doses of the following LAIs:
- Haldol decanoate (haloperidol LAI)
- Prolixin decanoate (fluphenazine LAI)
If you would like more information on this topic, or would like to provide any feedback, please send us a message using our consultation system
. Be sure to let us know about which tip you are writing. We would love to hear from you, and the consultation system is free to use and confidential. Thank you!