A great deal of research shows that Measurement-Based Care (MBC) has a favorable impact on recovery from SMI.
- MBC increases the likelihood for improvement and even recovery
- MBC provides expert guidance for a care team’s treatment choices
- MBC can detect early if a treatment is not helping so adjustments can be made
- MBC bolsters an individual’s participation in treatment
Learn more about common myths around SMI and treatment, including measurement-based care. See our infographic on this topic.
- Guo T, Xiang YT, Xiao L, Hu CQ, Chiu HF, Ungvari GS, Correll CU, Lai KY, Feng L, Geng Y, Feng Y, Wang G. Measurement-Based Care Versus Standard Care for Major Depression: A Randomized Controlled Trial With Blind Raters. Am J Psychiatry. 2015 Oct;172(10):1004-13. doi:10.1176/appi.ajp.2015.14050652. Epub 2015 Aug 28. PMID: 26315978.
- Oluboka O, Katzman M, Habert J, McIntosh D, MacQueen G, Milev R, McIntyre R, & Blier P. Functional Recovery in Major Depressive Disorder: Providing Early Optimal Treatment for the Individual Patient. International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology. 2018 Feb;21(2), 128-144, doi:10.1093/ijnp/pyx081